We all know Boston is crazy about sports and we are no exception. At Heritage, we love football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, without forgetting swimming, skiing, track and field, lacrosse, golf, field hockey, wrestling, ice skating or even curling. Do I hear archery?
We celebrate our world-class professional teams that win Superbowls, World Series, NBA Championships and Stanley Cups, but we also love the competitive spirit of our college and high school teams, not to mention the neighborhood pick-up teams that play just for fun on evenings and week-ends.
Why cater your sports event party? As a sports party host, you will want to make sure everything is great, the game AND the food. We are here to help. Get our great farm to table quality food delivered to your guests, relax and and enjoy the game. Here are a few example of menus below.
BASEBALL WORLD SERIES / RED SOX PARTIES
When catering to a Red Sox event, we consider hot dogs to be non-negotiable. We also think there are hot dogs and there are hot dogs. We are partial to the grass-fed, all-beef dogs containing only a sprinkling of sea salt, onion, paprika and spices. We prepare our own condiments: relish, mustard, ketchup, caramelized onions, gherkins, not to mention some exotic ones for more adventurous palates. We also fuss about buns and how to grill our sausages.
We offer new twists on mac and cheese, from the inclusion of fresh pasta, the use of local cheese or the addition of new ingredients (lobster anyone?). We make our own chips, from regular Maine potatoes to sweet potatoes to vegetable chips. Yes, you can scream at the umpire wearing a Red Sox jersey and like kale chips.
FOOTBALL / SUPER BOWL / NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS PARTIES
Some foods, like Tom Brady, are eternal. Hamburgers are one of those foods. During Indian summer, when the Pats spend their Sundays beating the Jets, Bills and Dolphins (ahem … most of the time!), we often serve grilled grass-fed hamburgers that are sourced from New England farms. As for hot dogs, we believe the choice of meat is only the beginning. Be prepared for an in-depth discussion of mushroom flavors (do you prefer oyster or shiitake?) and other condiments. For upscale events, you may consider lamb or pork chops, or even, God forbid, some grilled or even baked fish. We do not adhere to Tom Brady’s TB12 philosophy, but share the same belief that you can be a rough-and-tumble football fan, yet care about your health.
During Indian summer and fall, we move to harvest salads full of rainbow colors: red tomatoes, yellow corn, purple eggplant, white cauliflower, and green Boston lettuce. By the time the Pats get to the playoffs, we move to winter vegetables and heartier meats. Our beef brisket and celery root puree becomes a popular item. Our Chef’s chicken ballotine starts getting rave reviews. And when the Patriots make it to the Superbowl, the creativity of our Chef explodes further and there is no telling what food he will create. When the Patriots do not make it, he enters a long period of hibernation until the baseball season starts again.
Not a football or baseball fan? Hosting a March Madness party? No problem, we can help.
CATERED NEIGHBORHOOD SPORTS TEAMS EVENTS
Of course most sports events do not involve the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, Celtics or Revolution. They originate with a group of kids kicking a ball at a soccer tournament or running at a track-and-field high school event. Beyond the events themselves, there are gatherings of local federations, leagues, clubs requiring some catered food. Heritage is at your disposal for all events at all budgets, whether they involve the actual practice of the sport or some information or planning gathering pertaining to your team.
Here is a selection of other dishes we can suggest to cater your sports event party:
- House made buffalo chicken eggrolls with a dill butter milk sauce.
- BBQ pulled pork nachos with pickled red onion, scallions, jalapenos, and a spicy aioli.
- Grilled street corn with a paprika sauce, cotija cheese, and charred lime.
- Bacon platter- candied bacon, bloody mary bacon, sweet and spicy bacon, and smoky maple bacon
- Build your own taco bar: choice of braised jalapeno chicken, pulled pork, or shredded beef for protein. Salsa verde, roasted garden salsa, or mango habanero salsa. Soft gilled flour tortillas, white or yellow corn tortillas or a mix of both.
- Cuban sandwich platter: Toasted classic Cubano sandwiches with house spicy mustard, pickles, pulled pork, black forest ham, swiss cheese, and a pickled pepper relish.
- Italian sandwich platter: hoagie rolls filled with salami, mortadella, provolone cheese, thinly sliced red onion, hot pepper relish, mustard, and mayonnaise.
- Crispy fried drums and wing platter: choice of classic buffalo sauce, honey mustard, sweet chili, or smoky BBQ sauce.
- Crispy chicken sliders: buttermilk fried chicken breast cutlets, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, pepper jack cheese on a mini brioche bun. With a choice of buffalo sauce, or honey mustard dressing.
Ready to find out what we can offer for your sports event? Fill out a catering information request here